Monique.io Product FAQ
What is Monique.io used for?
Monique.io is a Swiss Army Knife of data visualization and alerting. Monique.io enables creating dashboards (charts, tables, textual information) and alarms for multiple types of data, much quicker than similar products.
Sample metrics that could be visualized and alerted upon:
- a total number of registered accounts, grouped by a country or a state
- a total number of products, grouped by an availability status
- Facebook likes, Twitter followers
- health statuses of a website, an API server, microservices
- CPU and memory usage of each server
Does using Monique.io require programming knowledge?
Programming knowledge is required to set up sending monitored data into Monique.io and create alarms. However, the task is vastly simplified compared to traditional products. Since a complex script can be often replaced with a single command-line call of Monique.io API, the job can be completed by a junior-level programmer or a system administrator.
Once sending data into Monique.io is set up, dashboards can be created and shared by anyone.
Is Monique.io only for metrics programmers care about?
Monitoring system and application metrics is a major use case of Monique.io. However, its capabilities are also suitable for tasks traditionally associated with Business Intelligence software and dashboard frameworks, like visualizing data from high-level sources (databases, APIs) or applying custom transformations to input data.
How does Monique.io compare to similar products?
- system monitoring software — focused on low-level server details. Monitoring custom metrics requires a lot of work. Limited alerting capabilities.
- dashboard frameworks, reporting dashboards — focused on pre-existing integrations with specific tools (like Google Analytics, Stripe). Creating a custom solution takes a lot of time.
- Business Intelligence software — focused on analyzing data contained in a database, to which an unlimited access must be granted. High cost.
Monique.io is focused on creating custom dashboards from disparate sources and saving programmer's time. Monique.io doesn't need specific integrations or granting access to databases and its alerting engine is very flexible.
Is Monique.io meant to replace the similar products?
Monique.io can be often used as a replacement, but the specialized tools bring some advantages:
- system monitoring software — automatic collection and visualization of system-level metrics. Monique.io has a tool for collecting such metrics, but visualizations must be configured manually.
- dashboard frameworks, reporting dashboards — availability of advanced widgets (like maps) and pre-defined integrations with specific tools that can be configured without programming knowledge.
- Business Intelligence software — availability of advanced statistical and analytical tools.
Nothing prevents Monique.io from being used alongside other tools. The large savings of programmer's time make the modest costs of Monique.io subscription to pay off quickly, even when it's used to fulfill only a subset of your monitoring needs.
If you have a question, please contact us at email@example.com.
Besides cutting the development time, what are some other features of Monique.io?
- creating charts just by clicking the wanted values (no programming knowledege needed)
- dashboard sharing with a link
- live-updating charts and dashboards - even when they are edited by multiple users at the same time
- full-screen mode
- powerful "tags" feature, enabling automatic creation of a dashboard tile for each monitored entity (a server, a product, a customer)
- controlling access by creating team members accounts
- email, Slack, PagerDuty, webhook, web browser alarm notifications
- alarms allowing integration with DevOps and ChatOps workflows
- extra tools helping with collecting monitored data